The Glow Club
VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Make-up
About this qualification
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Make-up is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide make-up treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the make-up industry. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 2. It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 2 and 3.
This qualification is for learners who want to work within the make-up industry. The qualification consists of 1 mandatory unit with a total of 50 hours of Guided Learning (GL) to achieve the full qualification.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
• Application of all make-up products – to include skin analysis, preparation of the skin, recognition of face, nose, eye and lip shapes, corrective make-up, airbrush make-up and day, evening, special occasion and bridal make-up
The learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the make-up industry.
This qualification also provides:
• The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures that the learner will be working over, in particular recognition of skin types and skin conditions and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
• Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a make-up setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
• Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a make-up artist
Opportunities for progression
Once learners have achieved the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Make-up they may progress on to other VTCT (ITEC) or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or 3 for example:
• Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists
• Level 2 Diploma in Hair, Photographic and Media Make-up
• Level 3 Certificate in Fashion and Photographic Make-up
• Level 3 Diploma in Fashion, Theatre and Media Make-up